Leon the tourguide

Leon the tourguide
Leon the Tour Guide

Wednesday, March 2, 2011

The secret of a successful diet

Among all the wonderful people I meet every day there are many who like me are overweight.

Many of them, with good intention, have told me to eat less and to look after myself. God knows, I've really tried but the task until now was too difficult.

The temptations have always overcome me. No more.

I have found the way to overcome the temptation of eating more than I should and I want to share this with everybody.

I've only lost 1 kg but I feel much better. For a start I don't have chest pains when I walk fast or uphill. This means that I don't need an urgent angioplasty. I am very excited about how good I feel. This is why I want to tell everyone about it.

The secret is:
See the total calories you've eaten, so far in any particular day, before your eyes, in black and white before you take another mouthful of anything.

By the end of the day you have a number. The total number of calories for the day. Keep it in a diary so that you can page through it a see you achievement.

Write it down immediately. If you don't write it down immediately you'll forget. Write it down immediately.

I use the diary on my telephone. Now I've purchased a small totaliser so that I'll write the number down more rapidly. I'll only have one button to press and each day I'll have a total that I'll put in my diary.

When you see, in writing, in black and white howmany calories you've eaten you're in control and can decide whether to eat more or not.

Don't worry about writing down which food you eat. You know which foods are good and howmuch to eat. Your doctor or dietician has told you that.

Simply write down a number and add it to the total.

All you need to do is to write down, immediately the number of calories you've eaten and keep a running total so that at any time of the day you know exactly the total number of calories youve eaten. Then you can decide whether to eat more or not.

You are in control when you write down calories and keep a running total. Each day you start again.

Calorie calculators tell you how many calories you can eat acccording to various physical characteristics and howmany calories you need to eat to loose weight. That's your daily target.

My daily target is less than 1800. Since I've started doing this the most calories I've eaten in a day has been 1600 and I've lost 1 kg in two weeks.

Write it down immediately, not later, immediately.

The method is write it down immediately, immediately.

No comments: