Leon the tourguide

Leon the tourguide
Leon the Tour Guide

Sunday, July 10, 2011

Tyranny and Anti-Semitism

My friend Matthew wrote:
"I concur with this article and the concerning trend it alerts us to. The irony is that the Left Wing American Jewish Community and Academics who are afraid to support Israel because they might sacrifice academic advancement are the same people who will turn to Israel to ask her to save them and provide them a place of refuge when the persecution escalates from academic and professional intimidation to mass murder and genocide.

History has proven that one consistently precedes the other."

This reminded me of one of Aesop's Fables:
The tyrant will always find a pretext for his tyranny.
The Wolf and the Lamb A WOLF, meeting with a Lamb astray from the fold, resolved not to lay violent hands on him, but to find some plea to justify to the Lamb the Wolf’s right to eat him. He thus addressed him: “Sirrah, last year you grossly insulted me.” “Indeed,” bleated the Lamb in a mournful tone of voice, “I was not then born.” Then said the Wolf, “You feed in my pasture.” “No, good sir,” replied the Lamb, “I have not yet tasted grass.” Again said the Wolf, “You drink of my well.” “No,” exclaimed the Lamb, “I never yet drank water, for as yet my mother’s milk is both food and drink to me.” Upon which the Wolf seized him and ate him up, saying, “Well! I won’t remain supperless, even though you refute every one of my imputations.”  Translated by George Fyler Townsend. Aesop's Fables (p. 15). Amazon Digital Services, Inc..

Ant-Semites are a real bunch of tyrants. Just like the lion in Aesop's Fable, above or the original Nazis themselves they are branding the Jews "Nazis" just to find a pretext for their hate campaign, which, if tolerated could become a tyranical regime.

Anti-Semitism seems to be just a part of a much bigger movement with aims much more far reaching than causing inconvenience to Jewish students on Berkely campus.

This movement has added anti-Israel to it's objectives and that also isn't it's main objective but also another part of it's main objective, which is to establish a tyrannical regime wherever and whenever possible.

People joining these anti-Semitic and anti-Israel organisations would strongly deny that they intend to establish a totalitarian state somewhere. They would insist that they oppose totalitarianism. They are unwittingly throwing their weight behind totalitarian forces.

But my friend Matthew is right; when they find themselves persecuted by the tyranny they've have unwittingly helped to establish they will seek the help of non tyrannical states like Israel.

No comments: